Anal sex with masseur. Risk of HIV & when can i do test for HIV?

Hi, I had this heated moment with a man ( massure) two days before where I inserted my penis in his anal the moment I realised that its not safe i moved out ( I was in hardly for a minute ) aftwr that i came outside after 5-8 min as the massure says he is safe his last report was negetive 2 months before ( as they have to be checked yearly for the same for theit job purpose) I am very nervous about the same incident this was my first time & i was like in & out from his anal is there is any chances for getting infected secondly when i should go for HIV test for be more clear.....
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 18 minutes later

Your questions have two parts.
1. Is there is any chances for getting infected ?
You have mentioned that Massure was negative for HIV 2 months ago. That's quite reassuring. The chances of getting HIV after once exposure (Like you had) is 0.09 % only. That's very very less and that too only if the source is confirmed positive. This means that your chances of getting infected is almost Nil. So be reassured.

2. When i should go for HIV test for be more clear ?
After any exposure, its take anywhere between 3 - 6 months or a person to test positive with the routine Antibody testing. So you must get yourself tested now, after 3 months and then after 6 months.
You can also get Massure tested for reconfirmation.

I want to reassure that your risk is negligible.

Dr Kiran