Anal leukoplakia on outer skin possible? Symptoms and cure?

can you get anal leukoplakia and what are symptoms and cure.On outer skin.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later

I shall try to address your concern based on your current given information.

Leucoplakia is a benign, harmless condition characterized by whitish patch that is painless. The cause is mostly unknown.

Symptoms start off as being painless initially, and slowly progress on to other sensitivities like heat and other stimuli. Cancer very rarely is a risk, but more so in case of another condition called erythroplakia.

Surgery is the only given cure, but the timing would be the decision by the surgeon based on the lesion.

I would suggest you to get it examined at the earliest by your physician for a complete review.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations as you prepare to make decision regarding future care do consult back to me here.

Follow-up: Anal leukoplakia on outer skin possible? Symptoms and cure? 1 hour later
I had it biopsied it started on vulva its ok the biopsy don't know if it is on rectum just wanted to know if it is possible since my rectum skin has been burning.If i am going to be charged again please don't answer can't afford another 10.00
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 22 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

Symptoms due to leukoplakia have little diagnostic importance. Hence it would be very difficult for me to predict if the rectal burning sensation that you experience is due to leukoplakia. Clinically though anal leukoplakia has been rarely reported and not common. However in the presence of visible skin lesions, a biopsy of the affected area is definitely indicated.

I see that your biopsy results are out. It is good for you.

I do not know if you have discussed this with the surgeon, but I am sure he will time your surgery appropriately.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you best of health.