Anal itching when I started Lipitor. Is there any connection ?

I have developed a problem with anal itching in about the same time-frame as I started taking Lipitor. Is there a connection and what can I do about it?
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abid 1 hour later
Hi there...

Sorry to hear about your problem. Let me try to provide you useful information regarding your concern.

Anal itching is highly unlikely to be due to Lipitor. It can be the feature of hemorrhoids or pin worm infection.

A direct examination / per rectal examination can help us differentiate among the two. I will encourage you to visit your local physician for the same. You may also start deworming under the guidance your physician.

I expect your symptoms to resolve soon with the above treatment.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thank you and best regards