Anaemic with low blood pressure. Having fever due to cold and sore throat. How to get cured?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Doctor, my 16 year old daughter had prolonged high fever for 2 days due to cold and sore throat. after the fever subsided, she fainted next day while she walked and was diagnised with low BP 63/37 with 117 pulse rate. Immediately she given 4 bottles of saline and BP came to 102/50 next day. she is very anemic. Is she normal or does she have any disease as such. All through these years she has been very much normal.
I want to know if my daughter wil be normal hereafter and that the low BP condition she had after the high fever episode which caused Dehydration, wont affect her normal life in future.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 18 minutes later
Her cold and sore throat must be viral!
Post viral often there is severe fatigue, cough etc.
This is temporary.
Do not be scared.
First, remember in any fever you have to give extra fluids like juice, tender coconut water, plain water, buttermilk etc to avoid dehydration in view of fluid loss from the body from the fever.
I am telling you this for future guidance!
You did not mention her hemoglobin level!
Is she losing more in her monthly menstrual bleeds?
You have to give her extra iron as tablets and also in diet (apple, ragi, greens (keerai every day), egg yolk twice a week)
She will be fine and will recover from this episode completely.
All the best
God bless
Dr Uma