An infant crunched a chicken wing into small pieces and swallowed it. Normal?

my 2 yr old just crunched up a chicken wing into small pieces and swallowed a portion of the bone - ?????
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Anupama Nagaraja 32 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

As long as the child has no breathing difficulty or is able to swallow food without lump getting stuck in the throat it should not be a problem. However, if you find any of these please discuss with your doctor.

If he does not have any above mentioned problem, you can give him a banana it will help push down any small chunks if present in the throat.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.