Am pregnant, taken Dronis for bleeding. Stopped intake after knowing about pregnancy. Worried about side effect of Dronis

My sister is carrying and the growth has been confirmed to be 7 weeks now as of today. She used to have issues related to mild bleeding, because of which she was asked to take Dronis 30 Tablets for 21 days and she took it for 10 days during her 5th week of pregnancy. We did not know that she was pregnant then and we identified the same after the intake of those 10 tablets and by the time we got to know that she is pregnant we stopped the intake of the medicine immediately. Now, we are a little worried if the consumption of 10 Dronis 30 tablets will have any side effect and cause any issues related to the physical and mental growth of the child. Kindly advise.

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Firstly, Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Taking Dronis 30 tablets accidentally during 5th week of pregnancy for 10 days is not likely to have any detrimental effect on the growth and development of the fetus. Please do not worry.
The majority of birth defects and childhood diseases occur even if the mother is not exposed to any known harmful agent during pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.