Am pregnant, symptoms of swollen breast, fatigue and burping have reduced. Scared about miscarriage

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Doc, i am 7 week 3day pregnant. I am taking folic acid, Cobadex and Omega 3 Fatty acid (Salmon fish oil). I had two miscarriage before in April 2011 & March 2012. I had IUI in 26th XXXXXXX 2012 & found positive on July 14, right from the day of IUI I am using Progesterone suppostories. I am very worried that I have no symptoms, till week 6 I had swollen breast, burping & fatigue, now I am having fatigue sometime only, burping has become less and breast are not sensitive & less fuller. i am worried whats gone inside and I am scared to miscarriage. I will be seeing doctor for ultra sound on 9th August when I will be 8 week. Is my pregnancy viable.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi XXXXXX,

the presentation of early pregnancy symptoms vary from person to person.
some women will have in first pregnancy only and for few weeks only and some may have in all pregnancies and up to third trimester like this the presentation of symptoms differ.
just because of symptoms we cannot judge the viability,
so you need not worry about it, progesterone also causes sometimes same symptoms and that may subside with passage of time,
as you are not having symptoms like pain abdomen, bleeding per vaginum etc possibly the chance of miscarriage is less.
so you continue all the tablets you are taking and consult your doctor as scheduled.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Am pregnant, symptoms of swollen breast, fatigue and burping have reduced. Scared about miscarriage 24 hours later
Thank you Doc, today i caught cold & severe sinus headache. Could you please tell me one handson medicine which will be ok during pregnancy. Can I use nasal spray. I am waiting to go for ultasound on wednesday. Thank you

hi,

we should not neglect any type of infection in pregnancy,
in cold with sinus head ache there is chance some sort of infection, so you better consult doctor once and get examined to rule out the possibility of infection.

before consulting doctor you can go for natural remedies which will have no side effects instead of chemical spray,
for more details you can visit my blog:
http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/05/cough-in-pregnancy.html

you can also take analgesics like paracetamol for relief of head ache,
probably with these measures your symptoms can get relieved, if not you can take antibiotics with your doctor's advice.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.