Am pregnant, pinkish discharge, clots, cramping. History of molar pregnancy. Any better suggestions?

hello, I am concerend about my pregnancy. My lmp was april 5th 2012, took a home pregnancy test and it confirmed i was pregnant. Went to my ob about some conerns becasue i had a molar pregnancy just one year ago. She said not to wory go about my daily routine as usual and the light cramping was normal and sent me for my blood work and urine sample. Then i started having some pinkish discharge when i wiped they said that was normal as well but to keep an eye on it. Called back the next day because now it was on a pad and i was having some small clots. Bllod work came back with a hcg of only 135, had some cramping, no major bleeding though.. it was reddish orange (llike mixing mustard and ketchup together) some small clotting but the bleeding was light enough i could wear the same pad for 12 to 24 hours. I havnt had a examine or a ultra sound and im just wondering if anyone has any better suggestions then just go about ur daily routine and keep an eye on it. I work as a cocktail waitress so im on my feet in heals for 9ish hours in the evening amoungst all the rest of the daily cleaning and taking care of my 5year old. It has been 5 days since the spotting/bleeding started
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

You are third gravida with one normal delivery and the other one molar pregnancy

Molar pregnancy needs regular follow ups for HCG levels

I would like to know the duration of your molar pregnancy and whether the sample was sent for Histopathology or not

Did your doctor give you Methotrexate or not

The history carries significance that is why I am asking these Questions

As far as this pregnancy is concerned you are having threatened abortion , an incomplete abortion or missed abortion

Without ultrasound it is very difficult to differentiate between these three

If there is cardiac activity it is a case of threatened abortion in which you need rest and drugs

If other two conditions you might need an evacuation

Sometimes you may have molar pregnancy again

So it is better to get it done rather delaying it

Best wishes

Follow-up: Am pregnant, pinkish discharge, clots, cramping. History of molar pregnancy. Any better suggestions? 55 minutes later
my last pregnancy which was the molar was about 4 month duration before the dand c.. we found out via ultra sound i never actually bleed or anything. then the tissue was sent to pathology and the result said there were 72 female chromosomes with 3 #13,18,and 21. I did follow with weekly then monthy hcg test and has been free and clear for the last 6 months. As far as my doctor giving me Methotrexate , thats a no.. Im not even sure what that is. Which is exactly why i was writing to you because she didnt do an ultra sound or a check up when i told her about the bleeding. which like i siad wasnt heavy and now today appears to be subsided to only when i wipe and its light orangeish reddish.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome once again

Regular follow ups like scanning , beta HCG levels are required in molar pregnancy

I would advice you not to delay the ultrasound even if the bleeding has stopped because your pregnancy test was positive

I won't be able to guide you without scan

Please attach it here if you get it done