Am pregnant, diagnosed with Hepatitis B, viral marker test, SGOT and SGPT level normal. What precautions should we take?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My wife is pregnant (7th month) . She was diagnosed as Hepatitis B positive some 2 years ago. We did a viral marker recently to check the amount of virus and it showed 27 IU/Ml. The standard amount mentioned in the report is being shown as less than 3 IU/Ml. My understanding is that if the viral amount is below 2000 IU/Ml, then there is nothing to worry and no need of any medication. Her SGOT is within normal range and SGPT is slightly lesser (23).

Please advise. Als advise what precautions / tests we should take care of in future.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

I think the information needs to be updated

Can you upload the report of Viral Marker that you have got done ?

It all depends on what marker is in consideration

Would be able to throw light on the issue only after I have things in place

Awaiting your reports to be uploaded

Wishing your wife a good health ahead