Am pregnant, brown spotting with clots, tender breasts with prominent blue veins, abdominal cramping. Miscarriage?

Question
Hi I am approx 5 weeks pregnant. For the past 8 days (and before I realised I was pregnant) I have been having brown spotting- everytime I use the bathroom I notice brown (sometimes a little pink) discharge when I wipe. I think this has got a little heavier over the past 3 days (but still just most times I wipe). There have been some small clots in this at times. I also have extremely tender breasts with prominent blue veins and feel a little queasy and have mild abdominal cramping. Is the spotting a sign of miscarriage?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Follow-up: Am pregnant, brown spotting with clots, tender breasts with prominent blue veins, abdominal cramping. Miscarriage? 6 minutes later
I also meant to ask- my vagina feels constantly moist. is that normal too?!
thanks

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Please visit your doctor as ear as possible.

Spotting in early pregnancy must not be ignored.

It indicates that there is hormonal deficiency which needs to be taken care off.

When ever there is pregnancy, as the pregnancy progresses the placenta start producing hormones and its maintains the pregnancy.

Due to any reason when the hormone is deficient or the attachment of the products of conception to maternal uterus is not proper this can happen and when uncared for may lead to abortion.

Your doctor after examination may advise ultrasound and some blood tests to look for any hormonal deficiency and will advise hormone supplements for this as per need.

Complaints about breast discomfort and mild abdominal pain are due to pregnancy it self.

Please visit your doctor early.

In mean time,

Take proper rest, most of the day
Avoid any kind of strenuous work
Take light diet.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the best for time to come and great health.

Dr.Pragnesh