Am pregnant. History of abortion. Done TIFFA scan. Would like to know baby's state

My wife is 6th month pregnant.

In her second month started taking SUSTEN-200 injection for every alternate week. In mid of 2nd month she had very light bleeding and doctors suggested SUSTEN-200 injection for every week for first 3 months, and it changed to every alternate week in 4th and 5th months. After 5th month they stopped. Below are the medicines she has taken in her first 5months:
Folsafe 500mg
duphaston 10mg
Right now she is taking iron, calcium tablets and Mama's best milk powder from past 2weeks.

She had a history of abortion in April' 2011 due improper baby formation.

What I am looking for :
1) We recently had TIFFA scan. I would like to know about baby's state and how mother should be in terms of taking rest, food, exercise etc.
2) Any other suggestions
3) This is our first baby, so we would like to avoid cesarean. Please pass the tips and tricks for normal delivery.

Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 11 hours later
TIFFA scan is normal,foetal growth is well & there is no major congenital malformation noted.
Regarding maternal side, placenta is away from cervix & cervical length is 3.5 cm, means chances of preterm delivery & risk of any more bleeding during antenatal period are rare.
There is no need of taking strict bed rest or any selected food. She can do her routine activities & can do aerobic exercises. She should take healthy & balanced diet.
Haemoglobin of your wife is 10gm%.This value stands in between mild anaemic range. She should take her Iron tablets regularly & continue all medications as prescribed by your Gynaecologist.

Whether patient will go for normal delivery or Cesarean section,this thing is decided at the end of gestation nearing the delivery at 36 to 40 weeks. Right now she is towards normal side. She should take balanced diet,avoid gaining excessive weight & main thing is will power, if she is mentally strong, she can tolerate labour pains & can achieve successful normal vaginal delivery.
I hope my opinion would be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Am pregnant. History of abortion. Done TIFFA scan. Would like to know baby's state 3 hours later
Thanks for the detailed information doctor.

I do have some more questions. Please help on these too.

1) You are saying avoid excessive weight - can you please tell me the maximum limit of weight she should not cross. She is 5feet 2inch height.
2) Can she travel by rail for three hours and bike for around 30min?
3) Which position of sleeping is suggestible? Side position or normal upper position?
4) Can I know what are the best foods to increase blood?
5) She has migraine headache and it attacks around twice a month. She will maximum bare it, but some times she will take Crosin tablet if it is unbearable. Is this tablet okay to use at this time?
6) She is getting black marks on face and back of the body. If she can use any cream, can you please suggest one?

As this is first time pregnancy, we have many questions and confusions, hence this list. :)

Thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 8 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
She can gain up to 12-14 kg over her prepregnancy weight.
Travelling by train is safe,but by bike should be careful & jerk free journey.
Left lateral position is the best to sleep in pregnancy. So she should lie on her left side.
She can take XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,soya bean,dry fruits,egg yolk,if you are non veg can take chicken & red meat.
Crocin tablet is safe in pregnancy. She can take 1 tablet every 6-8 hours with food when she has pain.
Most probably she is getting chloasma sign of pregnancy,it subsides after delivery,but still she can use lacto calamine lotion.
I think your query has been answered.
Thank you.