Am menopausal,experiencing abdominal pain. Checked for ovarian cancer and have regular pap smears

Question
I am menopausal and have not bad a period for over 1 year.I am experiencing pain on both my left and right side which awakens me from sleep,I havefound that after I get out of bed and move around the pain dissipates I also have wind.I have been checked for ovarian cancer and have regular pap smears.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
hello,
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

can you please provide more information regarding:
1. Where exactly is the pain on right and left side?
2. Since when do you have pain?
3. Do you have bowel disturbances?
4. How long has it been since you tested for ovarian cancer?

Waiting for your reply.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Am menopausal,experiencing abdominal pain. Checked for ovarian cancer and have regular pap smears 7 hours later
pain for around two months,no bowel disturbances
around two years since the ovarian cancer check.pain is like a period pain in the middle area of both sides.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

It seems you have developed ovarian cysts on both the sides.
I recommend you to get a CA 125 levels and Transvaginal ultrasound.

For symptomatic relief ,you can take carmicide syrup 2 tsp twice daily for wind problem. And a NSAID like diclofenac tablet for pain.

Definitive diagnosis and treatment depends on the scan report.
You can upload the reports if you need further clarification. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.
regards,
Dr Nilofer