Am in a monogamous relationship. Tested with RPR. Chances of having syphilis?

I have always been concerned about STDs. Every once in a while my concern comes back even though I have been married and in a monogamous relationship for many years. I have a fear of syphillis. I have never had symptoms but I am worried about it from many years ago in high school, about 18 years now. I was tested with the RPR in my first pregnancy and that was 9 years ago and then 2 years ago with my second pregnancy and both were nonreactive. Could I still have this? I am obsessing that I will get nuerosyphillis. i am worried about accuracy or would that have been picked up in one of those tests? Do you know the accuracy percentages?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 hours later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

I am a resident in the department of Venereology and I've discussed your concerns with a consultant here. The consultant would be answering your concerns personally as soon as its possible.

We appreciate your patience and would request you to just give us a little more time.

Thanks in advance.
Follow-up: Am in a monogamous relationship. Tested with RPR. Chances of having syphilis? 4 hours later
Thanks for your reply. I've just recently had a vitamin d 1, 25 hydroxy test come up high, so I'm panicking about that. It was at 99. I read it could be related to autoimmune processes, including Lyme disease and lymphoma. I'm assuming that since Lyme and syphills are similar that that would be the same case??
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 days later

Your query has already been answered by Dr. XXXXXXX Choudhary.

Kindly refer to the below link to see the answer.

Wish you good health.