Am i suffering from colon cancer inspite of hemorrhoids and weight loss?

General Surgeon
I recently have had extreme anxiety because I had anal bleeding, went to dr they told me it was hemroids since that day I stopped drinking anything but water and have lost my appetite but had still been eating, maybe half the calories . I weighed 242 and it's been 11 days and niw I'm down to 230. I have been stressing that I have some sort of cancer mainly colon. The weight loss is the thing freaking me out now . Please help I can't calm down . Ps . For the most part on other symptoms
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ensure high water and fiber intake. Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX As you have been examined by doctor and diagnosis confirmed by doctor to be due to Hemorrhoids, there appears to be no cause for concern. Also as you are only 38 years of age, it's definitely not common age for colonic cancer. Management of Hemorrhoids is usually non operative medical management. It involves consumption of good quantity of water and high fiber diet. Restricting food will further worsen the problem by causing constipation. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: Am i suffering from colon cancer inspite of hemorrhoids and weight loss? 3 minutes later
Yes thank you very much but hiw about the excessive weight liss of 13 pounds in 12 days .
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: decreased intake will reduce weight Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Reduction in food intake to 50 percent of previous intake will definitely lead to this much amount of weight loss. Resume your normal intake, two servings of vegetable salad a day will be helpful. Take care Regards Deepak