Am I pregnant if I have gotten my period?

I have a feeling I may be pregnant but I'm not sure. I've woken up every morning for the past month and throw up, when I eat Chinese food the next day all I do is puke it up and I get really moody and tired. However I've gotten my period, and taken pregnancy tests at home but there negative and I'm just not sure that they are accurate.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 14 minutes later
Hi ,

The chances of pregnancy are negligible since you had your periods and the HPT(home pregnancy test) is negative.

Yes, HPT is not accurate if done under the following conditions :

1)HPT can show the False negative if the urine is more diluted
2)If the proper urine sample has not used
3)If the HCG level is less than the normal.

Blood HCG estimation and the abdominal/vaginal scan done at 5-6 weeks off missing periods can confirm the pregnancy.
Pregnancy is not diagnosed by the symptoms as they are subjective and inconclusive.

So i suggest you to repeat the HPT or consult your doctor for examination and for the test.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Am I pregnant if I have gotten my period? 2 hours later
I get really stressed at point also and I don't know how to control my stress level, I tend to get sick, and throw up a lot then also. What should I do about that ?
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 6 hours later
Hi Again ,

Thanks for the follow up query.

It is always to recognize the signs , symptoms when you are in the throes of stress.
Personal stress management involves making your own routines that will allow you to cope with problems and avoiding a possible occurrence of stress in your daily life. Here are some tips on how to get rid of stress in your own personal way.

Understanding is the key to enlightenment.

The first step in personal stress management is to know what stress really is and how it can affect your life. Most often stress starts off with the mind, branches off and affects your emotions, and if left uncontrolled will then begins to take its toll on your body.

Try to take some time off to reflect on what problems in your life stresses you out. You can write a diary and state all your problems there then try to analyze it one-by-one. If you can narrow the cause of your stress then you can easily find ways in getting rid of it. Talking with a close friend or a family member about your problems is also a great way to deal with it. Since stress are bottled up emotions, you better find ways to release it before it blows up inside you .

Help yourself,

Now that you found out how stress affects your life, all that need to do is to make it go away. Resorting to medications or tools will only lead to temporary results, you need to choose a more permanent approach, and that is your mind.

You need to relax and face stress head on. Identify that causes it and find a solution one at a time. You may use music therapy to help you relax, or meditation to clear your mind for a fresh start.

Aromatherapy can also help in relaxing your mind. Certain scents like lavender and jasmine are proven to have a calming effect and can help you keep a clear head. This is practically useful if you plan to sort through all your concerns and try to find a solution for each one.

Start small,

Problems are usually a prelude to stress. The more the problems pile up, the more stressed you will eventually become. If a certain event enters your life, whether career or personal, try to take care of it as soon as possible. Don’t let your work pile up or they may become too much to handle later on.

The secret to success in personal stress management is to identify the causes of stress in your life. Find a self-made routine that can help you deal with it and cope with future problems .

Hope this helps you.