Am I pregnant if I feel dizzy and get migraine?

General Surgeon
hi, for the last 1-2 weeks. i have been extremely tired having to have a 2 hour nap each day at least and in bed by 8 which isnt good with 2 year old twins. I am constantly dizzy and have been getting alot of migraines and headaches at least 2 a day and feeling faint. i came off the implant 3 weeks ago and onto the pill as it stopped my period after being really regular and very hormonal. before having my implant removed my doc did a urine pregnancy test and it was negative, i still havent came on my period and im now on my week break of my pill and havent been on since 4th April. could i be pregant or something else? also im just turning 20 and am aching on back and ribs area. thanks
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 29 minutes later

Constant tiredness and dizziness for 1-2 weeks suggest some sub-clinical problem. Migraine & headache is quite common & it can also cause tiredness & dizziness, forcing you to have nap & go early to sleep or rest in the night.

You have got your hormonal implant removed after negative pregnancy test. Now you are on pills & don`t have your regular menses. Chances of pregnancy are remote, doubt can be made to rest with simple urine for pregnancy test. Implant & pills have there side effects also, so backache can be due to this. Evaluation is the need of time, so please see your gynecologist for this.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Am I pregnant if I feel dizzy and get migraine? 5 hours later
i have already had a pregnany test just before i had my implant out which was negative but is there a chance the hormones in the implant can give a false negative? thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Nice to see you again.

I have already mentioned chances of pregnancy are remote . Hormones in the Implant generally don`t cause or lead to false negative pregnancy test.Pregnancy test has its own false positive or negative rates.

Hope I have answered your query, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.