Am I not getting pregnant due to taking I pills? Any chances of pregnancy?

dear sir.
im 26 year old married girl... completed 1 year of marriage.. now want to get baby but no pregnancy happening. before that i want to give history...before marriage i had unprotected sex/intercourse so many times.. and for no pregnancy i tool ipill (2 times in a week - for atleast `1 year) once had pregnancy in jun 2009 and in july i abort it.. and after that i not taken i pill after that we have intercourse but saft... and in jan-11 i got married.. and now we need baby.. for that we tried each month... as husband have travelling job so after 6 month we go for iui method.. each month on a particular day (after rapture ) but 3 cycle completed no result... my question_ is this is because i took i pills ? and is any chances of prgnancy and now what to do ?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 50 minutes later

I can appreciate your concern.

As on today there is no documented evidence to suggest that the use of ipill can lead to problems in conceiving in the future.
It is unfortunate that intrauterine insemination (IUI) has not worked for you. Please discuss further options with your infertility specialist.
The chances of conceiving in the future would depend upon a lot of factors. The presence of these factors would be determined by investigations that can be done under the guidance of your infertility specialist.

I suggest that you put the past behind and make a fresh start.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Am I not getting pregnant due to taking I pills? Any chances of pregnancy? 2 days later
Dear sir,
Thanks for your valuable reply...
but now i have few more questions...
1. In Jun-11 i did the HYSTERO SALPINGO GRAPHY also and the report also seems to be ok as Dr. has not told on that report. So will it necessary to do again ?

2.Every month after my MC period.. Dr advice me to take Tab. Fertyl Super 100 Mg for 5 days and from 6 days to do the Follicular Study and that time the ovulation and rapture happen on time i.e. 12 or 13 day and the same day i did IUI. that did for 3 cycles,, but this month not took that 5 days tablet and the result is very bad on 14 day also the growth is not good...

3. The local dr told to do the laparoscopy.. will it be useful... dr also told it is possible that the follicle is not travel ling to end of the tube where the spams reaches and there will be no contact of the follicle and spams.

please suggest any other treatment to be start.. or also suggest the naturally how to make possible to develop the follicle and ovulute and rapture natuarally.. any type of food or exercise or any other method... if not can only option for 5 days course..

the treatment what Dr giving is ok or need to change ?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Ans.1: When once HSG is done and it is normal in normal case there is no need to do it again.

Ans.2: You are not having normal ovulation without medicines; this is suggestive of some hormonal abnormality with you. When tablets are given they control the growth and things go well. Please discuss with your doctor about taking opinion from endocrinologist, he may able guide properly in some case. And can also look for some hormonal imbalance also.

Ans.3: In undiagnosed case of laparoscopy is done to see that the tubes are patent or not. Apart from this it can also give a chance to visualise the entire system and can help in some missed aliments. If not done is past you should go for it.

The treatment given to you is fine and please keep in touch with your doctor. You should think about taking a second opinion if not taken already.

In routine to have all over benefits,

Please take good diet, XXXXXXX in vitamins and minerals
Take good quantity of milk and milk products
Avoid stress
Do regular exercise.