Am I jittery due to anxiety ?

i cant get to sleep at night and i feel very jittery inside. i am 56 year old female who just had a stent put in a heart artery. i am overweight and i have hypothyroidism and i am also on synthroid, metotropol, effient, ramapril. i was put on metotropol and effient since may. i also have since become a diabetic and probobly will be started on meds for that. please give some advise, could this be anxiety.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 44 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

You have provided with good information but I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1.) Do you have any kind of stress?
2.) Are you depressed?
3.) Do you have any changes in your environment or work schedule?

Your History suggests you have Insomnia, the causes for this could be various and in your case, it could be due to:
1.) Depression caused by Hypothyroidism
2.) Anxiety caused by Newly Diagnosed Diabetes Mellitus.

Get yourself examined by a sleep disorders, your Doctor will order tests to monitor and record a variety of your body activities while you are asleep, which includes brain waves, breathing pattern, heart rate, eye movements and body movements. Your Treating Doctor will know better.

Once the cause is known, the treatment will depend upon the cause.

Follow these lifestyle modifications which will help you:
1.) Take your Medications for Hypertension, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism religiously
2.) Exercise regularly for an hour and also go for brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily and maintain a healthy weight
3.) Avoid junk and high calorie foods including saturated fats
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
6.) Prepare a daily sleep schedule and stick to it.
7.) Exercise 5 hours before and finish your supper 2 hours before you hit the bed
8.) Use your bedroom only for sleeping, if you have a television, remove it
9.) Avoid siestas
10.) Avoid caffeine, smoking and alcoholism
11.) Avoid heavy meals and instead have six small meals daily
12.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.