Am I at risk of gonorrhea or chlamydia after exposure of wound to toilet bowl after bowel movement?

I used a private toilet to have a bowel movement. The toilet had not been used for 4 hours prior to my using it. I had a small new abrasion type injury on my right hand from day before. It was obviously not healed over yet and when washed would ooze some serum. I washed my hands before using toilet so the scrape was oozing slightly. When I wiped myself with toilet paper the scrape touched the inside rim of the toilet seat very slightly. Being obsessive about STD I hope I was not at risk specifically for gonnorhea or chlamydia. A quick look at the seat did not indicate it was dirty or wet and regardless I was under the impression that the bacteria which causes
these two diseases, if they were there, would have been definetly rendered uncomunicable (dead)
after 4 hours. Most people would not give this a second thought but my obsession causes me great anxiety. I am doing several things to overcome this selective obsession( fear of STD) but its a difficult thing. Obviously I'm hoping for a positive response which will help me significantly at least for the short term. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I have gone through your query.

Firstly I want to reassure you that you dont have STD like gonorrhea and chlamydia.

There is no chance of acquiring gonorrhea ,chlamydia or HIV by this kind of exposure.

Gonorrhea and chlamydia are sexually transmitted infection cuased by Nisseria gonnorhae and chlamydia trachomatis respectively.

You need to have either oral /vaginal/anal unprotected sexual intercourse to acquire them. A close mucous membrane contact and exchange of body fluids like semen, female secretions, saliva is essential for transmission of these infections.

Exposure like that in your case has almost zero chance of tranmission of any STD.

My suggestion to you would be to get this fear of STDs out of your mind and be relaxed.

Hope I've answered your query.
Please accept my answer if you don't have any follow up queries.

Dr Sudarshan