Always tired, low BP. Taking Citalopram, Amlodipine and Aspirin

Critical Care Specialist
i am 88 my blood pressure is 140/70 heart rate 65 i am always tired i was in the hospital and they did lots of test but found nothing wrong except my blood pressure drops when i stand up my meds citalopram 20mg 1 a day,namenda 10mg twce a day, donepezil 10mg1 a day, pantoprazole 40mg 1 a day,amlodpine 2.50mg 1 a day, aspirian 81mg
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 46 minutes later

It seems that you may be suffering from orthostatic hypotension if the BP would only drop when you stand up.

I would suggest in that case holding off the amlodpine for a while and monitor these symptoms especially that your regular BP seems to be in normal range. Please do this only after discussion with your primary care physician and only after his approval and guidance.

Hope you get better soon. Any other questions let me know.