Always tired, family history of thyroid issues. Do I eat too much wheat?

Im a 41 year old male who is 134 kg and always tired do I eat too much wheat or other? My dad has thyroid issues is is heradtory
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 44 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

I guess it's time to get your thyroid tested. Both your weight and easy tiredness can be due to thyroid issue.Thyroid issues do run in families.

Thyroid function test and sonography of thyroid would be desired investigations.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Always tired, family history of thyroid issues. Do I eat too much wheat? 4 hours later
According to gp thyroid is ok what is sonography
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later
Sonography means ultrasound.
Ideal step in your case would be to see an endocrinologist.Doctor might want to get your adrenal gland checked as well.As it is of the common cause of weight gain and fatigue.

Please ask if there are doubts or further questions.Regards.