Always have red tonsils and palatoglossal arch with small ball behind. Normal?

hi. i always have red tonsils and palatoglossal arch also behind the palatoglossal arch is a small ball not sure if this is normal. thankyou
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it could be chronic tonsillar inflammation

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence. Your tonsils seem to be constantly inflamed along with the palatoglossal arch.

If the tonsils are enlarged in size, and if it causes frequent symptoms of sore throat, painful swallowing, difficulty in eating food, then it would be better for you to undergo an elective Tonsillectomy.

Alternatively, you may consider gargling your mouth and throat with Betadine mouth gargle twice daily on a regular basis. You could do this for 3 weeks, and look for improvement.

Also, you must avoid eating too hot or too cold food. Drink lukewarm water always.

The small ball behind the arch could be inflamed peri-tonsillar tissues or adenoids. Management of this is similar to my earlier suggestions.

I hope this information helps you. Get well soon.