Always get stuffy nose and cold with headache after having cold drinks. MRI showed sinusitis. Took antibiotic

ENT Specialist
I am 32 yrs male. I have a stuffy nose. I get cough and everytime i cough, the flum comes out and spit it. When i take cold drinks, next day i get headache.couple of years back when i approached ENT, he took xray, mri and told me that i have sinusities. I was taking antibiotics for almost 2 months, but didnot get any relief. Please advice
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query

I have gone through your query regarding your medical problem concern with stuffy nose and you feel headache after taking cold have been diagnosed as suffering from sinusitis about 2 years back, and you have tried antibiotic for the same but you can't get any responce.

considering your symptoms and your previous history of illness you are srill having sinusitis.As you feel headache after taking cold drink, if you try you will get same problem after exposure to cold also because cold precipitate the symptoms of sinusitis.

My opinion is that you take complete treatment of sinusitis otherwise you may land on complications of it.

For treatment first of all you will be investigated and after examination of your nose it will be made clear weather you are having sinusitis alone or having associated deviated nasal septum / polyp /turbinate hypertrophy. After making final diagnosis your treatment will be decided.

If possible your treating ENT specialist will give you coservtive treatment or may advice you for surgery.

Now everywhere sinus are being operated by endoscopicaly with exillent results.

I hope your query is explained well but still if you want more clarification your reconsultation will be welcome.