Alternating chest congestion and chest burning sensation. Taken tetracyclin, penicillin, cortisone. Suggest remedy

Infertility Specialist
Alternating chest congestion and chest burning sensation (2 months). Antibiotics not helping. Initially a tetracyclin, currently- penicillin. Also cortisone. All ineffective.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Your symptoms appear to be due to gastritis ( acidity) which is a common and minor entity.

2) You need to stop antibiotics as antibiotics and steroids increase the pain and wont cure it.

3) You take prescription for antacid medicines ( like pantoprazole) from your docotr. Take one tablets on empty stomach in morning 30 minutes before breakfast and another tablet at night 30 minutes before dinner.

4) Take the medicines for 15 days which will cure the gastritis and make you feel better.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol