Altered test sensation, loss of hair. Diagnosed with pcs. What is it?

I was in a major car accident and have been diagnosed with pcs. I have all of the usual symprtoms; vertigo,increase
H.R., slurred speach,nightmares, insomnia off balance. etc., however I have very confusung symptopms such as things taste very salty, or very peppery, crave carbs, and loss of hair.. Can you please help me because I'm going crazy with the taste thing and I am going bald
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later

Thanks for the query,
I understand your concern

The causes of altered taste sensation could be many like diabetes, thyroid problem, cancer and so on. I request you to get examined by a neurologist and ENT specialist who will evaluate you through clinical evaluation and necessary investigations. If no cause is found, you may try medications like zinc supplements, alphalipoic acid.

Please get back to me after you find my response and you have any other query
I will be very happy to help you

Best wishes