Altered body odor. Not on medication. Is it a symptom of a disease?

I have noticed a wierd odor coming from all the pores in my body lately. Even after a shower the smell is still there. Don't take any prescription meds or illegal drugs. Could this be a bigger problem or symptom of something I need to see my doctor about?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
A wierd body odor recent in origin might happen due to change in environment to a hot and humid place, taking nutritional supplements, decreased hydration, change in soaps or sprays, change in dietary habits, etc.
Right now you can use an antibacterial soap which contains triclosan or tea tree oil.
Regular use of deodorant spray containing aluminium ,zinc salt, zirconium will help.
Use of non sensitizing anti bacterial agents like fusidic acid topically can be helpful.
Using an absorptive powder is also advisable.
If all these measures are not able to help you after a regular use for two weeks, then I recommend you to consult your dermatologist to rule out any infections, liver or renal disorder and to give you stronger prescription medicines.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.