Allergy prone to certain food items since years. Which tests can confirm the allergens?

Good afternoon doctor..

I have an allergy problem since from 14 yrs and now my age is around 23 yrs.

I have gone through several treatments, like homeopathy, ayurveda, allopathy..

in 2008 i had serious problem of allergy..and at that time i consulted on allopathy doctor..i must say she was very effective, the Dr. instructed me for the items to be stopped/controlled to take..the below mentioned items.
1. Lasun - garlic
2. besan ke pakode - gram flour.
3. gajjar - carrot.
4. patta gobi - cabbage.

Though i admit since 2008 i have controlled or rather i have stopped eating the above mentioned food items.
But now a days i m in bangalore, and getting the same allergy problem.
Is it possible that apart from the above said food articles some thing new is added in the list.

if yes then how about to go for the test again..
kindly suggest me the name of the skin allergy test and clinic in bagalore near by indiranagar...

Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX

A person generally is allergic to more than one substances. These are called allergens and can be from food items, dust, pollens, smoke, perfumes, flavouring agents, animals, colours to any other thing that you can think of.

The allergy to different substances can come up during different times. May be you have developed allergy to some thing else now.

You may go in for another skin allergy test which may help in identifying the substance.

You may also go in for blood test for IgE levels and if high, may go in for anti IgE shots. For this i suggest you consult a pulmonologist or an immunologist who can guide you properly.