Allergic to dust. Get runny nose and start sneezing. Prescribed Montek with roxid. Permanent solution?

I am 55 year old and allergic to dust. I get runny nose and start sneezing once exposed to dust. Air conditioners also causes a trouble and same is with hot weather. At times the allergy causes asthma like condition and i have been prescribed to Montek LC with Roxid and also Brozeet Syrup. Is there a long term solution or an alternative medicine. Over the last 1 year this condition - of asthmatic difficulty due to dust allergy- has happened 6-7 times. please help.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

You are suffering from Naso - bronchial allergy, It is a condition characterised by recurrent episodes of sneezing,breathing disturbances and swelling and few other allergic symptoms when exposed to allergens.

There is no medicine which can cure allergy, only way out is avoiding the allergens and antiallergic medications.

You can go for allergy testing to see which agents you are allergic to.

Please let me know if you need further information.