Allergic to MSG and high concentrations of sodium. Suggested to take lemon and lime GATORADE. Guide?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am extremely allergic to MSG and high concentrations of Sodium: as part of a colonoscopy prep, I was told to mix 64 ounces of lemon and lime GATORADE with 8.3 oz (238g) of MiraLAX powder,and take 8 oz glasses of this mix within a 3 hour period until all consumed. ingredients in GATORADE are: Water, Sugar, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Gum Aarabic, Glycerol Ester of Rosin, Yellow 5.
MiraLAX ingredient is: Polyethylene Glycol 3350
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gatorade Has Hidden MSG

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing in

Though I am based in India, in a reply to my patient earlier online, I had investigated and found out that Gatorade does contain hidden MSG

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern