AllergIc to asparin. Can I take Tramadol?

Dec 2012

I'm allergIc to asparin can I take Tramadol without any worry?
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
that is a good alternative

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Tramadol will be a good alternative as it is 2nd generation analgesics but that should be taken for moderate to severe pain. Acetaminophen/paracetamol could be used for mild to moderate pain. Combining paracetamol to another pain medication such as codein could yield much better results. Tramadol is good medications but comes with a lot of dependency issues. I suggest you take it slowly by taking paracetamol/opiates derivatives and if pain is not still controlled, you may take tramadol (which is a prescription medication).

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: AllergIc to asparin. Can I take Tramadol? 41 hours later
My wife has hives. The local dermotolagist gave her a steriod shot, told her to take 1 benadryl in the morning and 2 at night, lay off carbonated drinks and take cool showers. Is there anything else she can do to releave the horrible itching?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
i believe she is good to go

Detailed Answer:
what has been done already is sufficient and exactly what i would have done if i was to treat her hive.
She will be fine if it is only hives.

Hope this helps further.
De. Nsah