Ask a Dentist   »  

All of a sudden teeth are paining everytime. Underlying cause?

Question

All of a sudden my teeth are paining everytime I drink water or any other drink. What does this mean? Does this require a doctors visit? As a first aid I started using sensodent.

Kindly advise.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Requires filling or root canal based upon x XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

As per the history given,it appears you have developed mild to moderate pulpitis.

That is an inflammatory condition of pulp(where the nerves reside in the tooth) as a response to noxious stimuli,which can be drink,food,chewing,an air breeze anything.

yes,it definitely requires a clinical examination with associated x XXXXXXX to see the extent of damage.

Based upon x XXXXXXX finding, it can be decided whether a normal restoration(filling) would solve the problem or the tooth requires root canal treatment.

Meanwhile, you can continue using sensodent tooth paste as it gives temporary relief.You can also take pain killers, if required until you see your dentist.

I would also say please do not delay as it can lead to progression of pulpitis.

Let me know for further query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: All of a sudden teeth are paining everytime. Underlying cause? 29 minutes later
Thank you Anshumala.

Can you recommend good dentists in Bangalore? Preferably one with lot of experience.

Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endodontists in GDC bangalore

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for reply.

I would suggest you to visit endodontist in government dental college,Bangalore. You will get best treatment in best affordable cost.

Please visit endodontics department, you will find experienced doctors there.

Let me know for further query.

Thanks.