All fertility checks done, no problems. Husband's sperm ph levels are low. Does it mean we cannot conceive ?

i have had all my fertility checks and have no problems,i am 36 and have been trying to conceive for a year. My husband had a semen analysis they said everything was ok good sperm count etc however his ph levels in his sperm was 3 they said this was very low, does this mean we cannot conceive?? what does this mean?? why does it occur. My son has a 6 year old child from a past relationship (this was prior to spinal surgery) what can we do??i am desperate to know what it means and what i can do i have never had children and i want a baby!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
An acidic pH of semen suggests problems with seminal vesicle function. It is usually found in association with a low volume of the ejaculate and the absence of fructose.
Acidic pH of semen is detrimental for the health of sperms. Seminal vesicle obstruction or atresia needs to be ruled out with the help of an infertility specialist.
If the morphology of sperms is normal then vaginal douching with an alkaline fluid before intercourse can help in conception.
The following measures will improve your chances of conceiving:
a. Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b. Have a healthy, balanced diet
c. Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: All fertility checks done, no problems. Husband's sperm ph levels are low. Does it mean we cannot conceive ? 43 minutes later
Hi thankyou, you talk about having sex on my fertile days does that mean it is not an impossibility to still conceive? Can you still conceive with semen with low ph levels? We are awaiting the results of a second semen anaylsis could any factors of made the previous results a one off and the next set of results normal or not? Thankyou'
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
For you , conception is possible. If the sperm morphology and motility is not affected, then there should not be any problem in conceiving.
Let us wait for the results of repeat semen analysis. These could come out normal.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.