All body fluids have bad smell like in throat and urine. How to overcome this?

Why do all my body fluids lately have such a bad smell. I mean ALL of them. If I clear my throat the taste is horrible, urine is aweful. I'm afraid to be to close to people. The smell in clearly XXXXXXX I know I don't drink enough water (never really have). Which I am changing immediately. Is there anything else I can do?
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Having sufficient fluid intake will mostly do.

Detailed Answer:

As you suspect, insufficient fluid take is the most common cause for the smell. Bad odor from the mouth can also be due to dental problems like infections, insufficient flossing, insufficient fluid intake, indigestion and impaired metabolism. Urine can also smell bad when there is an infection, or with high levels of metabolites when it is concentrated.

I would ask you to get your urine analysis done along with assessment of renal function, after checking if the smell disappears simply by increasing the fluid intake. If the urine output is good, you may take up to 4-5 liters of intake per day. If the smells disappear, nothing else needs to be done. If any infection is detected, you should get it treated. Indigestion should be attended to and any infection should be corrected. You should also get a dental check up to see if everything is fine.

As you are into peri-menopausal age, it is common for menstrual disturbances to occur and as the mucosa get thinned, they are prone to infections more often; genital hygiene is very much needed.

Please increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet; do some regular exercise and maintain a healthy weight. Please have a regular follow up with your oncologist. Practice some form of meditation for relaxation which is necessary during this age.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: All body fluids have bad smell like in throat and urine. How to overcome this? 44 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response. I should've said I was already postmenopausal. I went through premature menopause when I was 20 years old. Also I floss daily as well as Garold and everything else I'm supposed to do. And the taste I experience in my mouth actually only occurs when I am clearing my throat and Definitely feels like it's coming from inside my body.

The smells of my bodily fluids are almost like sulfar and decay. if you can imagine how bad that smell.

It's not every day and all the time but frequently enough. I eat fruits and vegetables every day. Usually I start with a spinach smoothie That includes bananas strawberries carrots and raw spinach. I've also recently started eating Asparagus. Is there any other significant food I should incorporate into my diet?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are already having a proper diet, good enough.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

As you are already into good diet, I do not see the need to suggest any further additions. You can try boiled vegetables instead of raw ones to facilitate easy digestion. Only, please increase your fluid intake and see if the smell subsides.

As you had an early menopause, it is likely that there is mucosal degeneration and this may be causing the smell. As I mentioned earlier, please get tested for the presence of infections and get treated if necessary. Metabolic disorders, increase in intake of sulfur-containing foods or medications may all be responsible. If everything else if fine, and if the odor does not disappear with fluid intake, then it can be taken for an ageing change. You may consult an endocrinologist for help. You can also take the help of a dermatologist. Please continue with your routine gynecological check up.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please get back if you have any more doubts. I will be ready to help.