Alcoholic, been exercising, detoxing. Taking lemon water, milk thistle. Wants to do CDT, LEFT and FBC test. Will I pass these tests?

I need a cdt, left and fbc test next week. I have been a heavy drinker for the past few years though stopped three weeks ago and have been detoxing and exercising. Will I pass. I drink three litres of lemon water a day, take milk thistle is there any thin else I can do this is really important. I am not going to start drinking again!
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

It’s great that at the outset you have decided to stop taking alcohol.

Blood tests for alcohol detection like carbohydrate deficient transferrin test, has an official window period of 2-4 weeks. So, levels can be detected till about 4 weeks. Your passing will have to wait for another week or more for now, especially in the background of your heavy drinking.

Hair alcohol testing is also used to correlate the blood tests.

Milk thistle, active lifestyle and good diet certainly helps. But, nothing is more important than quitting alcohol and sustaining the change.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.