Alcoholic. What is the normal heart rate for an adult?

Is heart rate of 102 in the afternoon at sitting position bad?
I regularly take alcohol and am I believe I am dehydrated.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 14 minutes later

A normal adult's pulse can be anywhere from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Anything over 100 is technically defined as a tachycardia but a pulse of 102 is close to the normal and there is nothing much to worry about.

It can be due to anxiety or stress or anemia also.

Mild dehydration is not known to cause tachycardia. This can happen in response to a decrease in blood volume (through dehydration or bleeding). Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking adequate fluids throughout the day. If the pulse rate at rest remains high, then it needs to be evaluated.

Then you need to get your Hb levels, thyroid function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.