Alcoholic. Have elevated SGPT with normal liver level. Is melastomataceae osbeckia octandra extract safe?

Dear Doc...

I have elevated SGPT 143 with normal liver protein levels. . I do consume alcohol 4-5 times per week. Per day around 200-250ml. Is Melastomataceae Osbeckia octandra extract (juice) a good option to bring down SGPT. If so, how often/quantity should I drink this and how can I prepare this. Awaiting your kind answer.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Alcohol consumption is one of the most common cause for elevation of SGPT in a person and no matter whatever medicine or herbal preparation or fruit juice is consumed by the person,the elevated levels of SGPT won't come down unless and until ,one stops drinking alcohol completely.
There is no medicine which can cure the ill effects of excessive alcohol consumption.
Quit alcohol completely.
Consume more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Avoid junk foods and colas.
Do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day.
Your SGPT levels would become normal in next 4 to 6 months time with these simple measures.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck