Air reflux, burping, no burning in throat. Paper pH-scale meter shows normal. Anything to worry about?

I have a problem of air reflux all the time, and have had it for a time now.
After I eat I have air reflux but the throat doesn't feel acid and the mouth doesn't either. Just sometimes I feel a little unnormal taste in the mouth after air reflux but far from always.
the Air seems to want to come up all the time and sometimes it seems like I have to be in the right position otherwise I can't get the air to relief.

I have a paper ph-scale meter; and I have been testing all the time, and the ph meter shows always normal indication from 6,5-7,5... but in the morning the ph-scale was 6.0-6.5.

could you tell me if I have anything to worry about; and what can I do ?
is this XXXXXXX for my teeth or ?

sincerely XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 7 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Burping is frequently due to aerophagia - swallowing up of too much air while eating, drinking or speaking. Most of the times it doesnot even reach the stomach.
Sometimes presence of a lax lower esophageal sphincter or a hiatus hernia may be associated burping after food.
Rarely in some cases however it represents a reduced compliance of the stomach which inturn is due to gastric inflammation.
As you have no burning either in the chest or the throat, it may be simple aerophagia. You can try having leisurely meals, not to speak while eating and do some XXXXXXX breathing exercises which tone up your diaphragm. This will reduce the burping