Age 18, Height 5.4. Want increase height. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hii doctor my name is XXXXXXX iam my age is18 my height is 5 4 i mean 163 cm in which my legs are 81 n upper body is 82 i want to increse my height
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

According to your upper limb and lower limb ratio there is no discrepancy. so this indicates that there is no hormonal problem.

Medicine available in market for increasing height are not evidence based and we dont recommend those medicine. At your age of 18 body growth is completed and less chance of increasing height naturally.

Limb lengthening operation [Ilizarov surgery] can achieve up to 12 to 15 cm limb length. It involves operative risk and you should be aware of possibility of complication which may occur after surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.