After using isotroin lips are getting dry. Treatment?

after using isotroin-20 my lips are getting dry

is there any way to tackle it?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Isotretinoin causes dryness

Detailed Answer:
Dryness of face and lips is the most common and anticipated side effect of isotretinoin
It can be tackled by using a lip balm/ vaseline/ emollient cream multiple times in a day. Avoid lip licking and peeling dry skin. I f lip balm does not help much, one may use a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone cream for few days along with Vaseline or lip balm.

Similarly for face too, use a mild cleanser like cetaphil. Use a mild non comedogenic moisturiser like emolene/ cetaphil/ alonurish/ acne moist etc. isotretinoin increases sensitivity to sun, so use a sunscreen daily in morning.
Hope that helped.