After unprotected sex had fever, urticaria, dry cough, headache and inconsistent BM. HIV and Hepatitis test negative. Further?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi.....I am from Kolkata.

I had a risk exposure on Feb 1,2013 (received unprotected oral & performed protected vaginal with a Sex worker).
Had Fever for 3 days on 14-17th Feb.
From April, having chronic urticaria and taking medicine evryday for that.
For last 2 months having dry cough and inconcistant bowl movement and headache sometime.

Done HIV 1/2 Antigen/Antibody (Electrochemiluminiscene method) after 15th, 31st, 92nd and 193rd day of exposure. All result are non-reactive.
Done Hepatitis B, C and VDRL after 3 months of exposure. All are negative.

Do I need any more test for HIV, Hepatitis or Syphilis? Is all the test 100% confirmatory? Or there are still chances?

For the current problems, I am visting family physician and taking medicine, but he does not aware of the history above? Do I need
to do any other STD test for Other STIs? If yes, please mention the test.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
free from HIV. No further test necessary

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had repeated HIV tests so many times even after 193 days after the exposure. Test for other STDs were also negative. Almost all the HIV tests marketed are highly specific and sensitive up to more than 98%. With repeated test you are more sure and confirmed that you are free from HIV. No further test are necessary for HIV Hepatitis and Syphilis.
Symptoms of urticaria, irregular bowl movements and dry cough are not at all related to HIV.
Just forget about HIV and follow your physician's advice you will be alright soon.
Get well soon.
Follow-up: After unprotected sex had fever, urticaria, dry cough, headache and inconsistent BM. HIV and Hepatitis test negative. Further? 22 minutes later
is there any chance of other stds like herpes,chlamydia,hpv etc...any test needed for other stds?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tests for Chlamydia, Herpes, HPV are not necessary

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

STDs other than Syphilis and HIV are usually detected by their symptoms and subsequently with the investigations.
As far as a male is concerned Syphilis and HIV can remain latent and undetected in early stages without a blood test.
Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Herpes and HPV are usually have manifestations externally either as discharge, burning urination, vesicles or ulcers or warty lesions in men. In women it may not be visible outside as their anatomy of genitals is like that.
So the tests for Herpes, HPV or Chlamydia are not necessary unless there is some sort of symptoms either with you or your partner.
Moreover your vaginal intercourse is a protected one and only oral sex is unprotected. Risk through Oral sex is far less than that of vaginal or anal sex that too 6 months back.
So I will not recommend further test unless you are having some other problem.
Dr S.Murugan