After test told to have patch in lungs and reason for fever. Advised R-cinex, combutol and pyzinia. Suggest?

Hello I am Male 32 years, and have reccently done my compelte health check up, where in Docotors suggested that I have a patch in my lungs as per X XXXXXXX & CT and which is reason for my continued fever from past 1 month and referred to Pulmologist. All my blood test Montous test , S-ACE leveltest etc and all fever tests and are normal. I was advised to take - R cinex -600, combutol -1200, pyzinia -2000 and Benadon . Kindly suggest if I am on right medication or I should take a 2nd advice
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue the treatment without missing any dose.

Detailed Answer:

You have been running a fever for last one month and on xray chest and CT chest there is a patch in the lung. In such a scenario in a person residing in India, the most likely diagnosis is Pul Kochs or in other words it`s TB.

You have been started on the right treatment. How long you have been on the treatment? Very soon you will start seeing the improvement in your condition.

In my opinion there is no need for a second opinion as of now. You must ensure that you take your treatment regularly without missing a single dose. This is mandatory to avoid developing drug resistant TB which is very difficult to treat. You should be under regular follow up of your pulmonologist.

Follow-up: After test told to have patch in lungs and reason for fever. Advised R-cinex, combutol and pyzinia. Suggest? 2 minutes later
Have been on treatment for past 10 days and fever subsidised after 7 days of treatment
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good sign.

Detailed Answer:

It`s a good sign but once again i want to strerss that take your treatment regularly without break. Treatment is long-min 6 months. Doctor will make necessary changes when required.