After taking mycrogynon contraceptive pill have developed a lump of mucus in throat, keeps getting dry. Why?

i am a singer and in the last four months have started taking mycrogynon contraceptive pill. i have developed what feels like a lump of mucus in the left side of my throat and i am always having to clear my throat also my throat feels dry. was wondering if you could tell me what this is?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Taking microgynon is not likely to cause dryness in the throat causing excessive mucus formation. It can cause vaginal dryness due to its hormonal effects but does not affect the normal secretions of the throat.

The symptoms you are having might be due to an allergic response or a throat infection - bacterial or viral. You need an evaluation by your ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Meanwhile drink plenty of warm water and do warm saline gargles to clear your throat. Taking over the counter available lozenges will also relieve your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.