After street food had rashes all over body. On allegra. Nothing helps. Why?

Good Afternoon Doctor,
On Thursday last, i.e 24 Nov 11, I ate street food (chicken momos & redi chilli sauce) and then later in the night I saw red rashes develop slowly all over my body and in last 2 days to my face too. on visiting a local GP, he gave me a 3 day dose of Allegra 120 but it did not help at all. On 29/11, we went to XXXXXXX GP, he has give me a 7 day course of Celol, Rupanex & Longifene. I have taken 2 doses of the same but it doesnt seem to help and the rashes have hightened on my face. Please advise. Thanks and regards
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

It is difficult for me to comment on the rash based on the description. It can be anything ranging from food allergy (rare) to viral rash.

As I believe that more information is vital for a physician to come at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions

Is the rash itchy?
Did it start from the lower part of the body and has spread above?
Are you having any fever or body ache?
Does anyone else in the family has it?

Also please attach a picture of your rash using the same feature you used to attach the SMT prescription 1.jpg.

I would suggest that you take anti-histaminics like fexofenadine and hydroxyzine. However, these are prescription drugs and can be taken after consulting your treating dermatologist. I also suggest that you apply calamine lotion 2-3 times daily over the rash.

Awaiting your response
Follow-up: After street food had rashes all over body. On allegra. Nothing helps. Why? 1 hour later
In response to your questions

1) The rash is sometime itchy
2) It started from my arms, then body and face
3) No, I am not haveing any fever or body ache
4)Not really, except my brother who is allergic to red cholli
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 17 hours later
Thanks for reverting.
With the description that you have given me, I would consider two major possibilities, P.Rosea and Viral Exanthem.
The pictures that you have attached are not focussed. The focus is on the book lying by the side.
Hold a pen near the rash and then take a picture. By doing this the focus will be on the rash and the picture will be better.
P. Rosea is on the top of my list and I need a good picture to confirm it.

Till then, please take the medicines I suggested in my last post.

Follow-up: After street food had rashes all over body. On allegra. Nothing helps. Why? 2 hours later
Good Morning Doctor

Thank you for your feedback.

Its seems the rashes have spread to all my body including arms,face & legs.

I have tried twice to upload pictuers but unable to do.

Would you advise that I stop taking the medicine recommended by my GP and commence with the medicine mentioned by you in the previous post? Would clarify, what would be the dosage of the medicine.

Also can you suggest something for my face for the rash.

Is your practice in New Delhi? I could come for personal consultantion.

thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 26 minutes later
Yes my practice is in New Delhi. In XXXXXXX area.
You can see me personally. That will be the best.
Yes, you may stop the medicines you are taking and start hydroxyzine and calamine lotion.
But I am afraid you need a prescription for this medicine.

Follow-up: After street food had rashes all over body. On allegra. Nothing helps. Why? 36 minutes later
Could I please schedule an appointment for today? If you could let me know your address and contact telephone, please.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 8 minutes later
Yes you may come in the evening. I am at my clinic from 5-8pm.
Building 99, 1st floor,
Khanpur (Near Khanpur Depot) opp RPS COLONY, on main Mehrauli Badarpur road.
Clinic's number is 011-0000.
My number is 0000.