After stopping alcohol consumption liver enzymes level dropped quickly. What is the reason?

Hello, my liver enzyme levels were ast=36, alt=52.....after 10 days abstaining from alcohol, my levels are now ast=22 and alt is 28!!! how is it possible for them to drop so quickly??...Thanks!
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 hours later
Brief Answer: They are sensitivie Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The enzyme levels you mention vary very much. The values even vary with daily food. The more fatty food you take, higher the values will be. It is normal to see such variation in the levels after abstaining from alcohol. Hope, I answered your query. Regards,