After orgasm have severe pain in genital tract. Goes after using clingen and evalon. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
After orgasm I have severe pain in my genital tract which goes only after using clingen forte,evalon,etc.its so severe that I can't even move and lasts for many days....it's got nothing to do with intercourse XXXXXXX happens only in case I have an orgasm
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CLITORAL PRIAPISM LIKELY

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
What you describe sounds very much like priapism.
This is a state of continued orgasmic state, and is mostly seen in males, and rarely in females.
Basically during orgasm, the blood supply to the genital tract, particularly the clitoris, gets increased.
After orgasm is over, the blood vessels reduce in size and stop engorging, also the contractions of the muscles of the genital tract gradually stop.
In some women, due to unknown reason, the engorgement and contractions persist for hours or even days, leading to intense and unbearable pain.
Please consult a gynecologist to confirm this diagnosis.
It is treated with painkillers, drugs called alpha adrenergic agonists, ice packs.
Sometimes, painkillers or antispasmodics have to be taken prophylactically ( for prevention ) before sexual activity.
ANother possibility in your case is endometriosis.
This is a condition where there is presence of endometrial tissue ( the tissue that lines the uterus ) OUTSIDE the uterus, in the tubes, ovaries and pelvic surfaces - and causes extreme pain during periods, during intercourse, orgasm , bowel movement etc.
However, you have not mentioned any pain during periods or during intercourse - only during orgasm, so this diagnosis seems less likely.
You should have a thorough XXXXXXX examinatino - per vaginum and per speculum ( preferably during the acute episode ) to have a proper confirmation.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask further follow up questions.