After oral sex found blood clots at penis. No pain, discharge, discomfort or itching. Right medication/

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi Doctor,

I had intense oral sex with my partner today. After the session i found a black blood clot at the penis head (size of a black pepper seed) near the opening to pass urine. There is no pain, no discharge, no discomfort, no itching. I am able to pass urine normally. Though, i feel frictious when the underwear cloth rubs on the top of the clot.

Is this an emergency? How long will this take to heal? what kind of medication should i take? Is surgery a mandatory requirement to puncture the cyst and take out the blood in it.

Pl advice. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I have gone through your available history.

It is common to have mild congesion at head of penis after intense oral sex.

As you do not have any pain, discomfort or discharge, I do not feel any emergency in this.

It usually takes 2-3 days to heal but in some case it may last longer.

You should apply ice packs over it which will help in reducing congesion. I do not think any surgery is required at this stage but you should get it confirmed by consulting surgeon.

If you have severe pain, discomfort, fever or increased swelling or loss of sensation, you sjould consult your surgeon immediately.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.