After masturbation semen sticks on penis and creates semen layer on foreskin. How to get rid of it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Recently after masturbation my semen sticks badly on my penis head and ring and does not go off even after cold water washing. This creates rough semen layer on my foreskin, after it dries up and even after soap water bath my penis head remains sticky. Tried hot water wash and dettol wash and then it goes after heavy scrubbing. Often I have seen a sticky and thick layer of old semen on my penis head while scrubbing. It causes a lot of inconvenience as my penis remains either sticky while it's wet or it remains rough while it's dry. Can you guide me on the causes of the same and how to get rid off it.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
deposition of thick sticky white material around the coronal sulcus,glans of the penis and foreskin.after masturbation which you think it to be the remnant of semen.

This is not the semen but a thick secretion of the fluid from the mucous glands located in glans which is called as Smegma.

One has to clean the glans and genitals immediately after masturbation or sexual activity so that it does not get deposited and form a thick layer of whitish sticky foul smelling smegma over coronal sulcus and glans.

Please ensure to observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning the genitals with warm water while taking bath and after sexual activities.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

.....

Follow-up: After masturbation semen sticks on penis and creates semen layer on foreskin. How to get rid of it? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply doctor. But I have never faced this kind of thick sticky deposition earlier. I am 43 years old and sexually active for so many years. I maintain the same level of personal hygeine as before. Possible that I might have more smegma deposition happening now due to excessive secretion of smegma. Just wanted to know if there are any such concerns or is my sperm getting more sticky as i am ageing due to some health related issues.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Deposition of more smegma is due to excessive secretion from mucus glands,

The increased consistency of the semen can be one of the factor where semen becomes thick due to less water intake and volume of the semen is also less compared to young age resulting in to formation of a thick semen.

Please ensure to drink more water .
Thanks and regards.