After masturbation having slight but continuous pain in testicle, got swollen and little hard. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi
I am quite worried, please help me. 4 days ago, i masturbated a lot and since then, i am having slight but continuous pain in my right testicle. It got swollen and little hard. Can anyone suggest me what should i do? I am really tensed and can't concentrate on my work.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thankyou for posting in healthcare magic.

Pain in the right half of the scrotum can be due to infection of testis and epididymis,i.e.Epididymo orchitis.

It makes testis hard and tender.Associated inflammation also add to these symptoms.

I prescribe antibiotics like Cefuroxime,Clindamycin and anti inflammatory medicine to my patients with similar complaints.

If there is no response,i prefer Colour doppler of the scrotum for confirmatory diagnosis.

Nothing to worry.

It will come down gradually.

If you have any doubts,i will clarify further.

Wish you speedy recovery

Follow-up: After masturbation having slight but continuous pain in testicle, got swollen and little hard. Suggest? 14 hours later
Is it really necessary to take antibiotics or it(pain) may come down after sometime?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is better to take antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You should get an ultrasound scrotum and confirm the diagnosis.

It is better to use antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine after the ultrasound.

The pain may not come down without medicines.

Please consult your doctor and proceed.