After how many hours of taking oral MT pill will I start to bleed?

Question
hi
i want to ask after how many hours of mtpill 200 taken orally will i start to bleed n is it the right amount if i am pregnant wid last lmp 2 months back and wat amount misoprost shuld be taken is 800mg the right amount after 48 hour
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, Mifepristone, the drug is still commonly referred to as the "abortion pill XXXXXXX The second drug is misoprostol, it is a prostaglandin that is given two days after the MT pill to force uterine contractions to expell any aborted fetal tissue still in the womb. If taken early in pregnancy, it induces contractions that destroy the quiet environment in the uterus and thus cause the embryo to be aborted. If implantation has occurred, there will be an abortion of the implanted fertilized egg. Once mt pill is taken, then after misoprostal 400 mcg (2 tablets) orally, bleeding will start within 4 hours. To confirm whether abortion is complete, it would be preferred you to get an ultrasound of pelvis done after 14 days of the medicine. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks

Follow-up: After how many hours of taking oral MT pill will I start to bleed? 3 minutes later
i have taken the mifepristone yesterday 200 mg so wen n how much mg of misoprostol shuld i take and i have yet not started bleeding

Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your kind response, yes as mentioned, as mt pill is taken, then after 48hrs take misoprostal 400 mcg (2 tablets) i.e 800 orally, bleeding normally will start within 4 hours. To confirm whether abortion is complete, it would be preferred you to get an ultrasound of pelvis done after 14 days of the medicine. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health