After how many days of intercourse should I get my periods ideally?

Mar 2016

hi doc have some queries on pregnancy
i would like to know few things before pregnancy . After how many days of intercourse should i get my periods ideally
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

If you become pregnant following intercourse during fertile days or ovulation time, then you don't get your period. However, you need to confirm through home pregnancy test or blood test for beta-hCG.

If you are not pregnant following intercourse, then you will get your period on expected due date. However, period date may alter 1 to 7 days due to hormonal imbalance & mental stress. It is quite normal.

Delaying period more than 7 days may need some basic investigation to rule out underlying causes if any. You can undergo these tests under guidance of your doctor.

Hope, above said information is sufficient & very much helpful. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through